Mathematics education and Industry
The ICMI-ICIAM joint Study on Educational Interfaces between Mathematics and Industry is designed to enable researchers and practitioners around the world to share research, theoretical work, projects descriptions, experiences and analyses. It consists of two main components, the Study Conference and the Study Volume. The Study Conference will be held in Lisbon, Portugal, on April 19-23, 2010.
Ten content areas in the study:
1. The Role of Mathematics – Visibility & Black Boxes
2. Examples of Use of Technology and Mathematics
3. Communication and Collaboration
4. The teaching and learning of Industrial Mathematics – Making Industrial Mathematics more visible.
5. Using Technology and Learning with Technology: Modelling & Simulation
6. Teaching and Learning for Communication and Collaboration
7. Curriculum and Syllabus Issues
8. Teacher Training
9. Good Practices & Lessons to be Learned
10. Research and Documentation
Informationbroschyr ... (se enclused document)
Discussion document ... (see enclused document)
Three new are under way:
17. Mathematics Education and Technology-Rethinking the Terrain
18. Statistics Education in School Mathematics: Challenges for Teaching and Teacher Education
19. Proof and proving in mathematics education ...
OECD Global Science Forum on “Mathematics in Industry”
OECD. Global Science Forum Report on Mathematics in Industry, July 2008
OECD Report on Mechanisms for Promoting Mathematics-in-Industry, April 2009